Burleigh Heads, or simply Burleigh to locals, sits like a cool comma between Surfers Paradise and Coolangatta. Once a quiet surf town, now a thriving community due to the abundance of offerings both in and out of the water. Having visited numerous times over the years, in early July we made Burleigh a permanent home for Okanui, by opening our third flagship store. Since then, we have been busy meeting our new locals and discovering what Burleigh heads has to offer. We are excited to share with you out top picks of things to do while visiting this bustling town.
- Visit the NEW Okanui Burleigh heads flagship store
Of course, the first you have to do when getting into town is visit the new Okanui Flagship store. Shop your favourite men’s and kid’s apparel ranges, and now stocking a range of accessories from Raen Eyewear, Mayde beach towels & umbrellas, We are feel good sunscreen and Sticky bumps surf wax.
- Visit Burleigh Heads national Park
Spend your morning exploring the Burleigh heads national park. Located at the northern side is one of Australia's most famous surfing point breaks, explore walks along the rocky foreshore and through rainforest. Take the Rainforest circuit, through a living museum of plants, and finish watching humpback whales from Tumgun lookout.
- Eat and drink local
Eat and drink your way around Burleigh with an impressive selection of Cafes, bars and restaurants. Since moving into town we’ve found ourselves becoming locals at these stand out places.
- Social Brew – we always start our day with a coffee from the Social Brew, only a short walk from the Okanui store. This little café has your coffee, breaky and lunch covered.
- Burleigh Brewing Co – This Australian family owned brewery will have you feeling like part of the family as soon as you walk in the door.
- Burleigh Pavilion – The ultimate place for a sundowner. Located at the south end of Burleigh beach, this place has it all with great food, drink and views.
- Justin’s Pizza – From its famous pizza and pasta – right through to our signature cocktails and curated selection of wines and beers – Justin’s pizza won’t disappoint.